Poggio al Chiuso
The Corti family has been involved in the production of wine for four generations, from the early twentieth century. In 1971 the Chianti Consortium “Putto” was born and Poggio al Chiuso immediately became part of it with the first “controlled designation of origin” production. In 2002 the first vineyard entirely with Merlot grapes was planted, giving life to the Rosso IGT Voltaccia49, the best Sangiovese of the company, and to the IGT Red Le Cappelle. These two wines together with the Traditional Chianti D.O.C.G. have become the leading products of Poggio al Chiuso.
After four generations, the Poggio al Chiuso farm is ready to open up to new winemaking and viticulture techniques, to better address the challenges that climate change, new markets and technological innovations will present along the way.
Aware of the work and passion that our family has poured into our land and our wines, we look to the future as an open book with still many pages to write, determined to carry on a work and products of which we are deeply proud.
Wine area: Chianti
Production volume: 60.000 bottles
- Toscana IGT Red “Voltaccino” (Sangiovese, Canaiolo e Merlot)
- Toscana IGT White “Voltaccino” (Trebbiano, Malvasia, Viognier)
- Chianti DOCG COLLI FIORENTINI (Sangiovese 90% , Canaiolo 10%)
- Toscana IGT Red “Voltaccia 49” (100% Merlot aging in French oak barrels)
- Toscana IGT Red “Le Cappelle” (100% Sangiovese aging in French oak barrels)